[Ansteorra-archery] Bowman Tournaments

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Wed Jun 11 21:01:46 PDT 2003

I'm probably going to get yelled at for this, but I'm going to say it
anyway.

Archers ranked at Bowman or below have the same chance as a fighter of that
skill level defeating  (fill in the name of the Knight or Don of your
choice).  My point is these folks have spent much time and effort to attain
their skill.  And so must those, in most cases, who would be victorious over
them in a head to head or even just a high score.

I have been sponsoring competition for many years.  Few overcome the inertia
to compete.  Few take the time to practice.

As the story goes, when the man asked "How do you get to Carrigee Hall?" The
reply was, "Practice".

Archery is a perishable skill.  If you don't shoot, well we know what
happens.

OK, so yell away, or not.

Gilli
Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.