[Ansteorra-archery] Thought i would share :)

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 22:00:40 PDT 2005

NOT an infomercial..... thought i would share what i have been upto lately :)

Have been tinkering around and started building a bow. I always wanted to see a crossbow built and pictured in stages - so i built one. For me this bow has been a calling for years, finally today i got to fire it after about 65 hours to this stage. The link is mid build but is the good stuff :) there is option at the bottom of the page to goto the next page.

http://www.uccrossbows.com/crossbow4.html

The crossbow is getting a 350lb prod i am forging and just have not completed yet, but i did test it with a 100# and a 275# today. The bow is rock solid and best i can tell and from research VERY close to weigh, balance and feel of a mounted crossbowmans weapon. I have the foot sturrip and strap but did not get to finish that yet.

The goats foot, inlay and heavy prod will be installed sometime in the near future. The goal was a period bow :)

Will end up doing the brass inlay and polishing later so forgive the rough looks.

For those interested the build starts here http://www.uccrossbows.com/Crossbow.html

Ulrich