[Ansteorra-archery] Re: [Ansteorra-missile] Combat Arrow Recomendations

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Dec 27 14:49:03 PST 2005

Donnchadh (donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us) said something that sounded like:
> I am looking at getting into combat archery and I was wondering what the
> pros and cons were for fiberglass vs siloflex arrows.

Good Morning,

  This Kingdom has a long history with the fiberglass and not that
  extensive with siloflex.

  Fiberglass lasts a very long time and if you use UHMW heads with
  siloflex APDs you only need to replace the 1" of foam and tape
  every few years. The Baldar Blunts and Asgard APDs are a good easy
  way to start but quite expensive and don't last the same time.

  Since you are up North you may want to look at siloflex if you play
  with Calontir. That is the only thing they allow there and I believe
  the only shaft allowed at Lillies war.

  Btw, right now we don't allow siloflex in this Kingdom but I'm trying
  to get that rectified during January if I can get the Earl Marshal and
  Crown to sign off on the new rules. We just did a big rewrite to fix a
  lot of mistakes in the current rules as well as update a few items
  such as allowing siloflex.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And we're always slipping thru the cracks
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Then the movie's over -- fade to black