[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Rounds and IKAC

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Thu Jan 17 17:54:42 PST 2008

ld.blackmoon wrote:
> on a different subject .... when are you guys with the white bracers  gonna
> choose a name to be called ?? you know , like the dons ??
> it really looks funny putting C.T.O.A.D. after your names .( Companion To
> the Order of Arc D'or )

We guys don't get to choose.  Titles are part of our kingdom and society
heraldic laws and we cant just decide to start using one.  That has been
explained very clearly to the order.

The proper way to address a member of the order would be Honorable Lord
or Your Lordship (or lady).  Law provides that we may put the initials
CAO after our name.

What the archery community chooses to traditionally call members of the
order is an entirely different matter.  "Archos" is the single term that
seems most often used (means teacher)  but it would be inappropriate for
members of the order to call themselves that, inappropriate to imply
members should be called that, and inappropriate to use the title in
court.  It is simply a term of familiar address and not a title.

Regards,

-EA