[Ansteorra-archery] Lady of the Lake?

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 13:21:58 PDT 2012

Path to the award ... good question:-) There is no check list to say
that to receive the award you must do A, B, and C; nor is there anything
that says that if you do A, B, and C you WILL receive the award. Here
are a couple of things for you

*Most of the people that are one have won one or more local tournaments
*Most of the people that have won Royal Huntsman either were or are one
*Most of the people that are one have a Sable Talon in Archery
*Most of the people that are one have been a local archery officer
*Most of the people that are one have served in more than one office

I think that to become one you should have shot and become familiar with
recurve, longbow, crossbow, and combat archery. You should be able to
fletch arrows and inspect all equipment. You should be above average in
one or more of them. You should not only be able to set up a range but
when you walk up to a range you should be able to take over and run it
if needed. When you walk up to a range people that are from your area or
that know you should feel that if they have an archery question they
could come to you and you should be able to answer it and if not you
would work with them to find the answer.

These are all archery range items and will get you a long ways towards
the award ... BUT ... it will not get you all the way there.

You need to be active in your group and region. You should help your
group grow and prosper. You should help your group do events, and not
just be going to the archery range.

And last but not least, I would say do not worry about the award. If you
love archery and are active and working on it and promoting it and doing
things to learn, grow, and improve the community, it will come even if
you did not want it!

YIS,

Vincenti da Murano, CAO