[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Cloaks

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Wed Jul 21 08:52:51 PDT 2004

Hey all!

Will the Regional, DK, and Kingdom Chirurgeons and Waterbearers please
contact me.  I'm looking for what 3 events you will attend next.  That
way I can try and figure out how to get your cloak back to you.  It also
seems a fair way to get these cloaks back to their current 'owners'.

Please remember:  these are velvet.  They really should be worn for
Court and other indoor activities only.  They cannot be ironed (unless
you have a pinboard), and must be dry-cleaned.  So far, the velvet loses
wrinkles quickly when the cloak is hung up, so that's a good thing.
I've ironed the cotton lining separately, and that works, too.

If anyone can help me figure out how to (inexpensively) attach the
beaded Ansteorran stars such that they can be removed for the
dry-cleaning process, please contact me, too.  Most dry-cleaners won't
accept the beads, or will press them so deeply into the velvet pile as
to ruin both.

AND:  I am embroidering the names of all current officers into the
cloaks.  If you know the history of your office (or can find it easily),
I'd like to get those names in above yours as a sort of living lineage.
If you have that info now, please send it to me - and I'll get it into
the cloak before it gets back to you.

Sorry for the bandwidth.

Gerita

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are
added to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)