[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] And now the best answer possible to a bad question

richard hall arkellvomcophus at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 19:45:01 PDT 2004

But this only true of the 2 states mentioned as I do not know about any others except LA where I did live and work as an EMT but do not admitt very often.

In TX & OK anybody 14 & over can obtain any medical care or contraseptive from any medical professional or in the case of condoms or spremacide even a guidence consular or buy it themselves with the consent of parents, so u can give them the condom with fear of trouble and u can not inform the parent due to the law and HIPAA if u have a TX cert or lisencsure. Yea i know HIPAA does not apply but the laws of TX and OK do. And also in TX 17 yo and up + 17 yo and up = legal and 14-16+ 14-16=legal 13 & under +anything is no way in hell. And the 17 only counts for girls boys have to be 18 to consent to have sex with an adult 18 and up hecnce a 17 yo guy can not have sex with an 18 yo girl but and 17 yo girl can have sex with anybody 17yo & up.
But as shown by Brocc in the forwarded digest it can open u up to very nasty leagal stuff and hence the SCA also. But the SCA does have a ruling that protects the SCA. OTCs can be brought by almost anybody a 14 yo can go in the store and by ASA or APAP but we cannot give OTCs in SCA to a minor without the parent getting them. SO here is how I would handle it and suggest maybe u do to if u choose to deal with it at all by carring condoms. I plan to tell the 15 yo that as a SCA chirurgeon I can not give them the condom as it is an OTC without their parent or loco parentis/guardian coming to get it. But I tell the 15 yo to wait a minute while I take off my baldric and than not an SCA chirurgeon but just a friend and I then ask what they need it for & if sex, if they understand how to use a condom and if they understand the risks of sex with or without a condom. I then give them the condom after I here what would be for me acceptable answers or I explain some stuff if I feel they need
 some explanation. If the 15yo is still plans to have sex I give them the condom for the main reason they r going to have it anyway & I would rather see it safe than not as many have already stated. But by taking off your baldric the SCA is no longer involed and hence protected but if u are in TX or OK u r cover by TX & OK law. This does not apply at GW which is covered by MS law & I have no idea about that state. But maybe as GW War Chirurgeon I may just as the Autocrat who is a;so a MS papamedic.
This is only how I would deal with this and is only a suggestion as based on the laws in OK & TX. And if U do not want to deal with this than either do carry condoms or do not let people know u carry them and save them for use by friends & yourself. And yes u can refuse by saying that u r out or do not carry them.

 And as this ? has taken us out of the SCA to be able to deal with it I will not sign as Herr Arkell MC KC Ansteorra but as

Arkell who happens to be an SCA member & is Richard Hall LP, RN

richard hall <arkellvomcophus at yahoo.com> wrote:
Enjoy this ? asked of me as todays fun challange.

Arkell

Hope this is o.k. to put it this way ...If you think it needs changing ...please do so...                 You have a young man ,age ,around 15 yrs.old ,and he ask you for a comdom. Do you give to him or not ? Do you talk to him about "why" he wants it..How are we as Chirurgeon to handal this ? This is after all a minor.

It's nice to be important..but....It's more important to be nice...