[Ansteorra-missile] Re: Ansteorra-missile Digest, Vol 26, Issue 1

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Oct 5 10:11:48 PDT 2005

You can buy 100 PSI Siloflex at most home stores and plumbing supplies,
however usually it is coiled and you will need to straighten it.
Turning coiled siloflex into shafts for bolts or arrows is sometimes a
problem because once it is coiled  it wants to coil again  but it is not
a problem for APDs.  APDs are short enough that any set the tube regains
after straightening is negligible and unnoticeable once the APD is
securely affixed to the shaft.

I am not aware of any vendors that sells premade 100 PSI siloflex APDs
but there are SCA vendors in a number of kingdoms that use siloflex
arrows and bolts that sell straight sections of 100 PSI siloflex to be
used in making tube arrows and bolts.

Inga at White Wolf sells sticks of straight 100 PSI siloflex in her
online store.   http://www.argentlupus.com/CombatArcherySupplies.html
there may be other online vendors.

Regards,
--