[Ansteorra-missile] Re: Ansteorra-missile Digest, Vol 25, Issue 7

Robin Allen robinbjornsborg at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 17:02:56 PDT 2005

There's a lot ot cover here and a lot of it depends on one's philosophy of the game. My approach is that I'm out there to have fun and to assist my side in the battle.So I don't worry about an arrow once its on its way down range. If the subjct (victim) feels the hit and calls it then all the better but I'm usually reloading and moving so I may not see it. If he doesn't feel it then he isn't obliged to call it and there is no dishonor in that. If he knows it is good and doesn't call it then it his honor not mine that's in jeapardy. As for those time when the recepient isn't sure, well, if I see it isn't good I let him know if I can. There is a lot of confusion out there on the field and there are bound to be honest mistakes so I don't fret the small stuff.
   It is a sorce of frustration for many archers to see a good shot not be called by a fighter but I would argue that our ratio of  missed, close but not quite, good but not called, and "got him!" is equivalent to a swordsman or a spearman. A swordsman will strike many blows and most of them will be blocked or missed or light. Only a few will be  kill shots. I think if you examined the number in each category you would fing it equivalent to what an archer experiences. Its a little bit more of a nuisance for us as we have to reload after each shot. It takes seconds for us to deliver three shots while only a fraction of that time for a swordsman.
  On the subject  of misfires my attitude is "So it misfired- reload and shoot again."   The reason the comment about reloading without looking at the string is a stock answer is because it has a geat deal of merit.  If your having trouble putting an arrow on the string I think the most likely problem will be the gloves you are wearing. I use baseball or sports gloves and they work great for me.
Robin

Message: 3