[Ansteorra-missile] Regarding authorizations at events...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Aug 22 06:17:48 PDT 2006

Good Morning,

  I have unfortunately spent the last 2.5 weeks out of the Kingdom with no
on-line contact. This means I am way behind on items that need my attention.

  In the past, the Missile Marshal activities have had a dispensation to this
policy in order allow for weekend authorizations in order to work with and
view missile combatants because of the limited venues that are available for
the authorization marshals to work with these individuals. This is
particularly for combat archery and siege.

  I will be calling the Earl Marshal later today to clarify his policy
statement in the September 2006 Blackstar as it relates to the Missile
Marshal. I spoke to the Crown at Pennsic and I am clear on their opinion on
this since they were very much looking forward to the authorization and/or
training activities that would take place at Gothic. Once I have a
clarification on this policy as it relates to my office, I will make it well
known here and in the BlackStar.

  The in-Kingdom melee events have always been training venues for Gulf War.
Sometimes they are more organized as such and others have themes in order to
make it more fun. The end result is that we have better trained combatants for
Gulf War which clear has no authorizations at it.

Ciao,
Master Phelim Gervase called Pug
Kingdom Missile Marshal