[Ansteorra-missile] Ansteorra's army needs you!

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue Aug 22 07:02:04 PDT 2006

I received my copy of the Blackstar Monday, 08-21-2006, evening of. In
which Sir Jean Paul wrote clarifications on various rules, NOT NEW RULES
changes.

In fact, the rules have been clear about who can take the field in the
case of an official event vs that of practice for some time, even going
back before I was authorized (2000). This topic concerning authorization
always come up when we are training new individuals, and the answer has
always been the same -

To take the field at an event, then all individuals wishing to do so
must be authorized prior to that event. In the case of practice, then
all an individual has to do is read the waiver, and if he or she agrees
with the terms, print and then signed their modern name to the wavier.
Then the process of introduction to SCA combat can start with training
and authorization if the individual(s) find that being with liked minded
people who are enjoying themselves in this game that we all play.

Remember these are clarifications NOT NEW rules changes.

Sir Jean Paul's statements in the BlackStar September 2006:
"The clarifications for the upcoming fall tournament and war seasons are:

1. You must have a valid fighter authorization card *or* a temporary
authorization form to fight in any tournament or melee at an official
event. This should seem obvious, but I know that there are "day
authorizations" that have been given. I wish this practice to halt. If
there is a fighter who wants to fight in the tournament, get that
fighter authorized before.

2. It is the responsibility of the inspecting marshal to verify that a
fighter has a valid fighter authorization card. It is not the list
mistresses responsibility. If the list mistress/master wishes to assist
and check cards for the inspecting marshal so that the fighter does not
have to try to bring their green card with them while encumbered by
their armour, shield sword, pole arm, spear... (Ok, perhaps that's just
Asoph, Daffy, and me) they may do so, but ultimately it is the
responsibility of the inspection marshal.

The above is what has been published in the September 2006 Black Star.
Sir Jean Paul's written address to the population starts on page 4 and
is completed on page 5."

There is also a notice from Sir Jean Paul on page 5 prior to the
clarifications that appear there as well as which is written above,
which states the following:
"I will make sure that the marshallate virtual scribe updates the
pertinent information on the marshal web pages:

http/:marshal.ansteorra.org

Look for many changes to be posted there in the near future."

 From the Earl Marshal of the Kingdom of Ansteorra, Sieur Jean Paul de Sens.

Lord Michael Kettering