[Ansteorra-missile] [Am] Regarding authorizations at events...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Aug 22 09:18:05 PDT 2006

Pug Bainter (pug at pug.net) said something that sounded like:
>   In the past, the Missile Marshal activities have had a dispensation to this
> policy in order allow for weekend authorizations in order to work with and
> view missile combatants because of the limited venues that are available for
> the authorization marshals to work with these individuals. This is
> particularly for combat archery and siege.

I've talked to Seur Jean Paul regarding this. The intent of his policy
clarification was aimed towards the armored and rapier communities who
have sufficient opportunities for authorization. Because of limited
venues for missile/siege combat, the dispensation for missile related
activities is still in place and will be formalized in an email very
soon now, if not already.

I will also be making a formal announcement instead of this off the cuff
response when I can get sufficient free time in the next few days. This
was important and timely enough information to get out quickly that I
didn't want to wait.

As well, I will be working with my authorization marshals to make a
formal process for issuing and tracking these event authorizations for
better consistency and record keeping going forward.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "The problem's plain to see
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Too much technology."