[Ansteorra-missile] New Question on Authorization for Combat Archers

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Aug 24 07:13:04 PDT 2006

You have made a mistaken assumption. Archers are not required to have a combat
authorization any longer to take the field. This policy changed when all
combatants were required to be full contact since it would have even further
depleted our archery ranks.

As for the authorization process, if the archer is not heavy authorized prior
to this, there will be a portion dedicated to ensuring their safety on the
field including knowing the rules of engagement and accepting of different
blows - which in my opinion should range from light to excessive. Depending on
the authorizing marshal in question, it may require assistance from another
individual to ensure completeness.

Tonight I should finally have enough free time to lay down some of the
guidelines to the Authorizing marshals regarding day/event authorizations and
what should be expected in these circumstances.

Ciao,
Master Pug