[Ansteorra-missile] New Question on Authorization for Combat Archers

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Thu Aug 24 08:03:38 PDT 2006

This assumption came about back in May/June 2005. The question was asked
through the local authorizing Marshal to the Earl Marshal of the
Kingdom. And the answer that came back was just how I asked the question
this morning.

Your second paragraph answered my question in the original message.

This was the most concern to me and am I sure to others, especially
heavy fighters who just might found themselves fighting their way
through one or two ranks of closely pack shieldwall and all they are
seeing are armor bodies in front of them. Thus they swinging at their
opponents and blocking or attempting to block blows being directed at
them. And if there is an archer in that press and/or too close, then
there is a chance that the archer will received a blow and only after
the blow has been committed will the fighter realized that it his/her
opponent was not another fighter but that it was an archer who could not
attack him. I have talked with fighters both on the field after such, as
well as the scenario(s) are over and sitting around together drinking a
beer - talking about what happen on the field that day.

The above needs to be address and explain to the individual(s) seeking
to become authorized as combat archers. Because there is no such thing
as a 100% guarantee that at some time they will not be hit. It is a
matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time that will most like
determine this, plus not being aware of the battlefield situation since
it changes from second to second where only one General is in command.
That is Murphy.

Ld Michael Kettering