ARN - our goals

j_smallw@TITAN.SFASU.EDU j_smallw at TITAN.SFASU.EDU
Sun Aug 1 20:46:28 PDT 1999

What Kaz said.  Yeah.  That's the ticket.

To expand/expound on some of his comments.  Yes, there are WS that are out
there doing things singly, etc.  And that's GOOD thing, but we should also
be doing things as a coherant unit also, I feel.  "Band of brothers" type
thing.

As for the rapier community as a whole, have fun, try and promote rapier
by being exemplars.  Expand your horizons and get involved in other areas.
Try not to limit yourself.  Stay open-minded and courteous.  What I'd
really like to see is the term "rapier community" go away.  It creates an
artificial us/them.  I'd like to see us so entrenched in all other areas
of interest in the kingdom, that the term fades away.  Just be good
people.

Lastly, I'd like to leave you with a paraphrased version of something I
think hits close.  It's a little sappy, but please bear with me.

Let's strive every moment of our lives to make ourselves better and
better, to the best of our ability, so that all may profit by it.  Let's
think of the right and lend our assistance to all who may need it, with no
regard to anything but justice.  Let's take what comes, with a smile,
without loss of courage.  Let's be considerate of our friends, our
associates, and our countrymen in all that we say or do.
Let's do right to all and wrong no man.

Ansgar