ARN - Advantages

Sue Dittrich dittrich at flash.net
Tue Aug 10 17:59:28 PDT 1999

As a fairly new fighter, and also one who has not fought in over a year, my
opinion is that everything should be standardized.  I'm not overly short for
a woman, but many of you guys are _significantly_ taller than me and seem to
have orangutan arms!  <wink>  I wouldn't feel comfortable having a longer
blade just because I'm shorter or newer than my opponent.  Instead, I'd want
to perfect a technique that allows me to nullify the advantage that a
taller, longer armed person may have.  My thoughts are that a good fighter
is not the biggest, or the fastest, or the one with the longest arms.  The
best fighters are those who can fight against _all_ fighters with NO
"advantages" and win.

Just my two cents....

Lady Genevieve de la Gamba
Former Rapier Guardian of Dragonsfire Tor
Lady-in-Waiting to Baronness Xene Therianos
Matron, House Silver Moon
(Trying not to be a lurker)