ARN - Advantages

edward cantu eriondxx at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:58:27 PDT 1999

(emerging from the cloud of fog where he usually "lurks")
cough.....cough...

well, i believe "fair/disadvantage" is in the eye of the beholder.
(wow...save that one for a fortune cookie)

if you want to look at equity of circumstances, everyone should be measured
for their reach, compensated for the skill level, and adjusted for their
natural talents.  with those standards, Don Miguel and i would square off
and i would need a "vorpal schlager" and "boots of springing and striding"
(excuse the D&D ref.) and Don Miguel on his knees, blindfolded, both hands
tied behind his back, ear and nose plugs and a used, slightly-moistened
toothpick for a weapon.  (and he'd still be favored)

seriously (actually, the above is probably true) i find that i base my sense
of "fair" on "was the contest completed without any participant KNOWINGLY
using "something" to their advantage. so while an experienced fighter has
"extra" skills or experience they should not have any equipment or other
physical/environmental advantages not available to the opponent(s).  hmmm..i
guess it's like obscenity.... i know it when i see it.

alessandro

>From: Brent & Susan Rachel <hbrache at texas.net>
>To: ansteorra-rapier at Ansteorra.ORG
>Subject: ARN - Advantages
>Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:21:03 -0500
>

>Boy, the goals thing sure died fast, didn't it.  I guess Ansgar and I just
>said all there
>was to say. ;-)
AND I WANT MAXIMUM PARTICIPATION HERE..., NO LURKING! ;-)

Kazimir Petrovich