ARN - Problems¿

Tim Goins timgoins at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 22:50:19 PDT 1999

>Last weekend at Stepps Artisan I attended  the Queen's rapier fighter
>meeting, this meeting excluded the Order of the White Scarf.  At the
>meeting someone brought up that often the experienced fighters where
>always fighting each other and didn't make time  for the newer fighters
>at practices and/or during pick-up fights.  Or that maybe was that we
>didn't make enought time, and the newer fighters didn't feel like they
>belonged.   Do others see this as a problem?  What do you think we can
>do to improve this?

>Marquet de la Heyt
>Cadet to Don Donovan

Marquet, I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I have seen no such problem.  Most of the
people I know are very willing to work and practice with fighters of ANY skill level. For me it is
because rapier is fun and whenever I pick up a blade I want to practice/play with everyone
available and hate when I have to quit and go home.

===
Ld. Andrew Selwyn
A Gentleman Of NorthKeep in Ansteorra,
Cadet to Don James Navarre
"si tu posse legere hic tu in regula ordinare"
If you can read this you are in cannon range.
(Bumpersticker on the race-built galleon RAPTOR.)