ARN - Advantages

Jesus Cavazos toshirokoi at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 06:56:47 PDT 1999

>From: Brent & Susan Rachel <hbrache at texas.net>
>To: ansteorra-rapier at Ansteorra.ORG
>Subject: ARN - Advantages
>Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:21:03 -0500
>

>If an opponents weapon is longer than yours, do you consider this to be an
>**UNFAIR**
>advantage?

If you do, ask the other person if they will please change to another
weapon. If they don't, you don't have to fight them. It only "unfair" if you
let it be.

>Do you see it as just a **regular old** advantage like a sabre bell?

I, presonally, don't see it as an advantage. Unless the other person is
better than me. Then I consider them having "any" weapon an unfair
advantage.

>Do you see it as **just another difference** between weapons, each weapon
>having it's own
>inherent advantages *and* disadvantages?

Yes. Each weapon type has it's advantages. It's up to the person wielding
the weapon to make use of the advantages. If he or she doesn't know how, the
advantage is lost.

>Is a 40" weapon in the hands of a short person and advantage over a 35" in
>the hands of a
>tall man?

If the fighters are equally good and knowlegdable, I think the 40" has a
slight advantage over the 35". However, (see above).

>Will Sandy find out that her mother is secretly dating Dr. Jorden, the very
>doctor who
>just gave her husband a vascectomy?

Not until Sally decides she wants a baby. She and Dr. Jorden become lovers,
she becomes pregnate with his child, delivers the child, developes a rare
uncurable terminal dease(to be cured at a later date), gives the baby to her
mother and tells her who the father is. She then finds out she is also the
child of Dr. Jorden. Meanwhile, Val, Sally's husband, has been sleeping with
his secretary, Veronica. But then, that's another story line.

>Kazimir Petrovich

Toshiro Koi

Ansteorra