ARN - FW: RN- Siege of the Mission XI (Corpus Christi, TX)

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Thu Jan 14 11:12:38 PST 1999

Hmmmm...

I just forwarded Diego's announcement to this net.  Let me put it there again...

I wanna be a derelict ruffian.   Kinda would put me out of the chivalry
contest....but sounds like it could be fun.....mooohaha!

Isobel
______________

Unto the Rapier fighters of Ansteorra and neighboring Kingdoms,

The Mission near Seawinds (Corpus Christi) is beset by villains and ruffians
of the worse sort.  They prowl the woods and trails, threatening the honest
men and virtuous women of Seawinds.  (Please allow me some literary license.)
They may even invade the cloistered area of our haven.

Heroes of the best sort are requested to come to our aid on the weekend of
January 23rd. We must prevail!  (We also need a few derelict ruffians.  Are
you there "Mouse"?)

As the host Rapier Marshal, I walked the site on Monday last.  The trails, the
steps and the cobbled patio are in fine form.  I had hoped to add another
venue near the river; however, the floods of last year have left debris
hanging in the trees.

A fine Tripplette flexi-dagger has been ordered as a prize for the Rapier
fighter demonstrating the greatest prowess AND chivalry.

The soothsayers of the weather say "sooth", and the current forecast is for
lovely weather.  (Check the latest on the 'Net, city: KVCT).

If you have questions about our event, please respond to me directly or to
Lord Wayland at "LdWayland at aol.com".  I will be on a business trip January
14-20, but will check my messages immediately upon my return.  See the
December XXXIII Black Star, also.  The nearest inn (less than a mile) is
Budget Inn, 512-645-3251.

Last year, Honors went to a "newbie" fighter from La Marche Sauvage, and to a
lady from Meridies.  Special Honor went to Lady Abigail le Gray, Cadet to Don
Navarre.

In Service to the Dream and to Ansteorra,

Ld. Diego de Valor
_______