ARN - Unmatched Pairs

j_smallw@TITAN.SFASU.EDU j_smallw at TITAN.SFASU.EDU
Sun Jan 24 14:46:27 PST 1999

Concerning case vs. dagger, if you have the dagger, the textbook answer
always seems to be sweep their blades and close to use the dagger.  Alden
suggested also sweeping with the dagger and using the rapier for the kill.

On the flip side, is don't keep your case of rapiers too close together.
The blades "in the same plane" is a good rule of thumb, but  always
remember that there is a time and place for everything.

Regardless of whether, I've got the dagger or the case, I try to play a
range game and snipe for hands and legs.  Against dagger, I keep an eye
out for the textbook players trying to get inside my points.  With dagger,
I try to use the dagger for parrying only, although if a hole opens up,
I'll be more than willing to take advantage of it.

I don't find rapier/dagger at a disadvantage against case fighting at
range.  The dagger, being lighter, is marginally faster at parrying.

			Ansgar