ARN - Scarf meanings (was Cadets in Court)

Zimmermann, Leonard zimmerml at kci1.com
Thu Jun 3 07:05:17 PDT 1999

On Wednesday, June 02, 1999 8:23 PM, Lord James De Warrenne wrote:
[snip of some things the red scarf means to him]

> That red scarf means (to me) that we have become examples.  What the
> unscarfed would like to be.  Just as the white scarfs are
> examples of what
> we want to be.  Chivalric, Honorable, Courteous (and darn good
> fencers) :)
[further explanations snipped for brevity]

This makes me wonder further about a question I have not seen asked yet. So
far we've seen what a red scarf, or being a cadet, means to people. We have
also seen the question asked in many venues what the White Scarf means. I
don't think I have yet seen asked what being unscarved means. If you do not
have a scarf, what dos it mean to not have a scarf (or, extend that to
belt/whatever-symbol-of-relationship-you-wish). If you have a scarf (red or
white), how do you view those who do not have scarves?

Lenny Zimmermann
PC/LAN Admin
KCI
(210) 255-6800