ARN - Red Scarves

Larkin O'Kane [AKA Charlie Cain] larkin at webstar.net
Sun Jun 6 09:41:21 PDT 1999

On 6 Jun 99, at 10:07, Marcus Hite wrote:

> ............there are no real requirements to becoming a cadet,
> but before you take a red scarf form someone,  my advice is get to know
> them first.....Maybe become their student for awhile and see if you can
> learn from them and if you can get along....

<snip>

> May we meet on the field as friends,
> Marquet de la Heyt
> Student to Don Donovan

You seem to make a difference between Student and Cadet.  Would you
explain the differences that you see between the two?  I can see where a
person can be a student without being a cadet, but I fail to see where the
opposite can be true.

" Thought for the day:
let us be of good cheer, remembering that misfortunes hardest
to bear are those which never come.
            --      James Russell Lowell (1819-1891) "

Larkin O'Kane
larkin at webstar.net