ARN - Training A Cadet (was Red Scarves)

Marcus Hite mbhite at arn.net
Mon Jun 7 21:02:17 PDT 1999

LTThumper at aol.com wrote:

> I agree how does one get noticed by a Don when they have found someone that
> they would like to be mentored by? I mean you can always learn by everyone,
> but I would like to be Cadeted by a couple of Don's not at the same time.

Greetings,
If you wish to become someones cadet,  go talk to them.  Find out what they want
from their cadets and what they expect  of their cadets.  Find out if their hands
are already full with their other cadets.    Talk to all three of the Dons!
Tell them how you feel, and be honest about it.  IMHO you really need a Don that
you can talk to!!!!!   I would NOT put the Don on the spot and ask for a red
scarf right there,  but get to know the Don a bit and see if they are  a Don you
really want to cadet to, nd they get to know you a bit better too.....anyway hope
this helps a bit

Marquet de la Heyt
Student to Don Donovan