ARN - Red Scarves

Bart Dversdall bartd at ionet.net
Mon Jun 7 21:35:39 PDT 1999

    I don't believe in the steps process though I have to admit I'm have gone
the same path, I'm just few steps ahead of Marguet.  I feel if one has the
desire to learn and is willing to make the effort she/he should approach Dons to
get feel for the Dons.  It hard to find the right Don.  Something that I'm not
sure if I'm with the exactly right Don but I with one that I trust and he trust
me.  And as far as taking the scarf....it is exactly like wearing your lady's
favor  You are carrying the trust and honor of your Don along with the Honor of
the all Dons and the rapier Comunnity as a whole.  I  FEEL it is my
responsibility to do my all to live up to that honor.   In that I should lead by
example, help others through teaching and most importantly have fun doing it..

Ld Matthias Dversdall
Cadet to Don Donovan

> Are you, then, stating it is your belief that these steps must be followed
> as the "Path" to White Scarfhood, so to speak? Steps would imply you must
> take one to get to the next, although some of us with long legs do tend to
> skip a step or two. :)
>
> Honos Servio,
> Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg

I don't believe in the steps process though I have to admit I'm have gone the
same path, I'm just few steps ahead of Marguet.  I feel if one has the desire to
learn and is willing to make the effort she/he should approach Dons to get feel
for the Dons. I have talked with several Dons and observed a great many more.
But never found one that suited my exact taste or what I wanted to learn.  It
is  hard to find the right Don, and  sometimes it takes  a Don finding you as
this had happened with Don Donovan and his first Don..  Something that I'm not
sure if I'm with the exactly right Don, our fighting styles have gotten to be
too different which is good.  However he will be teaching me  in the finer
points (I'm really rough around the edges) of how to be a Don while putting me
in contact with people that he feels I can hone my fighting skills with.  The
key point of our relationship is friendship and most importantly  he believes
and puts his trust me as I trust him.   And as far as what a scarf represents to
me....it is exactly like wearing your lady's favor,  You are carrying the trust
and honor of your Don along with the Honor of the all Dons who chose him and the
rapier Comunnity as a whole.  I  FEEL it is my responsibility to give my all to