ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

R. Smith superboy at lsh.org
Thu Feb 24 11:38:14 PST 2000

> Epee only tourneys? Other than melees I really can't remember going to an
epee
> only tourney in the last year in Ansteorra. Queens, Stepps Artisans
(Warlords),
> Ravenfort's last event, Brornsborgs fall event, Candlemass, Seawind's last
non
> melee event, Past summers Queens, Squires and Cadets, Elfsea Spring fair.
All
> of these events let the fighters fight HR if they wanted to. There were
more
> events that I can't recall but I don't think any of them were epee/foil
only.

> Do you remember an event in the last year that was epee/foil only? Other
than
> melees.

No, but I don't see why that invalidates the point.  Are melees ever the
only sort of competition at an event?  Yes.  Would the rule exclude non-epee
fighters (yeah, yeah, for the purpose of the illustration) from fighting?
Yes.

I find this no big deal if it's made clear before the event.  Going to an
event ready to fight and being told "sorry, schlagers only, bub" only then
would be a bummer, I agree.

Chandra
Student of Walter Robin