ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

amberd@flash.net amberd at flash.net
Thu Feb 24 12:56:02 PST 2000

> Ld Walter Robin,wrote:

> It's about community....that's why a woman-only tournament is OK, or a White
> Scarf only tourney is OK, or even a newcomers tournament is OK!  [ my own
> expansion on Don Dore's comments on different list ] Heavy Rapier is another
> community....really, it's not blanket snobbery!
>
> It's OK, if as Chandra says, it is clearly announced. It's a game, and we
> don't HAVE to accomodate all the people all the time. Considering that HR is
> a separate authorization, maybe having a separate HR tournament makes MORE
> sense...not LESS!

You concider HR to be a seperate comunity? I have never made this distinction.
I know several who fight both HR and LR in the same tournament depending on who
thier oponent is. These is to me the optimal arrangement.  If the tournament
was going to be 'melee only' then I wouldn't object to it being HR only or LR
only.

Amerinda