ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

BrianC brianc at shield.com
Thu Feb 24 15:51:55 PST 2000

Amerinda,

I think you might be boiling the community definition down too far. The way
I look at is, there are several communities with in the Rapier Community.
They are not exclusive and do not shun any of the other communities within
the Rapier Community, or at least not that I have witnessed.

I am all for HR tourneys for the same reasons that Etienne has put forth.
For that matter I don't mind Epee/Foil only tourneys either, in fact I have
fought in at least one in the last two years. I do not think that they
should always be one or the other, but on occasion it would be alright. They
tend to focus on different skills.

As for the issues of having both styles in a single tournament, the only
problems I have heard discussed was the range difference. The folks who use
the longer blades tend to throw their shots with a standard epee at the same
range as they would with a longer blade. Making their shots several inches
to short, and leaving them open for an attack.

In service to Kingdom and Crown
Don Brian Cameron