ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

Russell Husted husted at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:01:22 PST 2000

I view HR as the next class up. Not an equal class to LR. As a marshal, as
long as both people are HR authorized, I have no problem with that being
their weapon of choice on my field. But as of yet, I have not faught with a
HR for several reasons.

  1. I still on occasion hit too hard and I know it. I am
     working on it.
  2. I do not own a HR, yet.
  3. I only just baught a gorge
  4. I have no one near to teach me(withing a 30 min. drive)
  5. I am still, in my own opinion, not good enough to go
     up to that higher class...but I am getting close.

I would have no problem with an all HR event/list. In Loch Soilleir we have
a champions tourney. I would have no problem with it being an all HR list.
To be in it you must be some groups champion, so by nature you should the
better fighters.

As a marshal of HR, I did have fun at the last list HR was faught in. I was
standing over a rough spot in the field, a reasonable distance from the two
combatants. One through a nice shot, the other pairied. the blade was
knocked off line to the point I protected my face with my staff. Other than
I now know why we carry a big stick, I have no complaints about it.

Personally, I would like to see more HR faught.