ARN - Women only?

R. Smith superboy at lsh.org
Thu Feb 24 14:09:24 PST 2000

> Note this is a personal opinion as a woman : Women Only Tourneys are not
OK.
> White scarf only and newcomer only tourneys should in no way be compared
> women only tourneys. The first two are based on experience. I don't know
how
> you would even begin to justify the the last.

[Note Well: herein the pronoun 'you' is the second person plural -- or
rather, generic.  Bloody English.]

Here is how I would begin to justify it.

Some group of qualified participants and marshals (in this example,
qualified would be female, I guess) want to do it, have a location, have
time, and follow the Society and Kingdom laws.

There, that wasn't hard.

I want, I want, I want very much to go on about the tendency I have noticed
of late to use everything as impetus to polarize and start digging trenches
(if you haven't been witness to it, well, lucky you), but I honestly don't
think that was intended in this discussion -- it just reads it a bit.

As has been said: if you want to have a tournament with some twist, have it.
Let people know about it up front, see if there's enough interest, and do
it.  If the tournament doesn't include you, don't sweat it; come to the
North and I'll give you all the pickup fights you want while you're ditching
the tournament. :)

Chandra
student of Walter "emphasizes-with-caps" Robin