ARN - Women only?

ameigh green ameigh6 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 15:55:26 PST 2000

I understand that it may seem a bit biast to hold
women only tourneys, but I must say that as a YOUTH
fighter soon to be 18, I would personally feel MUCH
more comfortable fighting my first adult tourney with
women only. Women are, in general, quite timid when it
comes to fighting men. I have not spoken with many of
the women fighters about this issue, but it is
apparent in their fighting. When fighting someone
closer to your own size, you feel more sure of
yourself. Also, many of the men have been fighting
much longer than the women have so it could also be
looked at from the "skill level" point of view. I may
be out of line for voicing my opinion on this matter
seeing as how I will not be involved in the tourney
this was origionally concearning,but I have sat here
all day watching this go back and forth and I had to
say something. I do not feel as though there is a
problem seperating the HR and LR for what it's worth.
In fact, I think it is a wonderful idea. Some are in
fact just starting to fight and are not comfortable
with schleager and I would hate to see someone unable
to fight at an event they have paid to go to out of
fear or insecurity. I would like the option and Im
sure there are others who would too. Perhaps one of
each would be more enticing than choosing one over the
other. This is, however just an opinion.
                         In Service,
                      Meghan d'Aubigny