ARN - Women only?

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Thu Feb 24 19:59:45 PST 2000

Regarding timidity...Are timid women fighters any less timid when they fight
against another woman?  Are they timid because of their opponent...or timid
because they aren't used to using the forcefulness needed to attack another
person?  An interesting question.  I don't know the answer.  I guess with all of
my youthful dirt clod fights and such, I've forgotten to be timid on the rapier
field  ;)
At least on the rapier field, where the potential for injury is rather low (even
with an infrequent Gakking of an innocent melee participant), I'm not
intimidated by men just because they are male or even because they are bigger
(then again...most aren't -that- much bigger than me).  In rapier, finesse can
beat strength and short can beat tall, so I don't think that guys have a great
advantage, except for the fact many seem to want/need to win much more than we
do.  Put me in armor, where some of these big guys can actually hurt a person,
then I can get a little timid.