ARN - Heavy Rapier Only, or can I borrow your car?

JEvans5420@aol.com JEvans5420 at aol.com
Sun Feb 27 20:02:12 PST 2000

I have a question.

If there is no reason that anyone who can be authorized for epee rapier,
can't be authorized for heavy rapier, then will the kingdom, or the baronies
pick up the check to have heavy rapier equipment in the loaner bag?  Heavy
rapier equipment is expensive, especially for the economically impaired.  I
will loan my equipment to some people, but would you trust anyone at fighter
practice to drive your car?

    We do need a standard!  And, that standard should not include pieces of
equipment that certain people are either priced out of, or can only purchase
every so often.  Did any of you, when you were young, have a new toy
accidentally broken by a friend, or relation.  The offending party may have
been more remorseful than you, but the thing was still broken.  So, if we
start to emphasize HR in tournaments, then we need to start stocking HR
equipment in the loaner gear so that everyone has the opportunity to
practice, or HR tournaments will be truly just for a few.

Harry