ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

Wayne Ross wayner at languy.com
Mon Feb 28 09:29:29 PST 2000

I already deleted Don Ansgar's post regarding giving people an option of a
sideline HR-only tournament to supplement an open tourney, so I can't quote
it. It did get my gears going, and this is an idea that came to me.

 How about an event where the main list is HR only, but there is ALSO an
open tourney, so everyone can fight? This allows us to make the leap to a HR
only tourney at an event, and still allows those who choose not to fight HR
to come and participate.

By having HR as a sideline event, we are keeping it an auxilliary activity.
By giving it higher billing (main list at an event), we give it momentum to
become more accepted.

Just my opinions.

Duncan Hepburn
the Steppes of Ansteorra