ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

Robert Gonzalez ROBGONZO at prodigy.net
Mon Feb 28 11:17:21 PST 2000

I am sorry that you would feel that way but honestly I can't see where you
are coming from. After all you have your Epee/Foil authorization PLUS a HR
authorization. You can fight HR in the main tourney at any event, anytime
with the only caveat being that your opponent must also be HR authorized.
PLUS you can also compete in whatever sideline HR tourneys there happens to
be. The HR authorization gives you options others don't have, that hardly
makes you second class.
I agree with Isobel that the switch will be gradual. As more people get HR
authorized more and more opponents will say "yes" when asked if they want to
fight HR, and then very soon after hearing "No" will be as unusual as seeing
a rattan dagger.

Roberto
Bjornsborg