ARN - tips

Russell Husted husted at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 04:11:18 PDT 2000

I use to tap from metal over the ned of the tip and back to metal, but
'corrected' that the actual tip must be visible, so I stopped what I thought
was a reaaly good idea for holding my tip on and now tape around the tip.
The tape no longer secures the tip as well as it use to and could cause
deceptions if the marshal is not very aware.

just thoughts to ponder,
mahee

From: Delphina Champeaux

The contrasting tape didn't help at Stargate Baronial
when there was a tip lost during a fight but the tape
was still attached to the blade.  As a marshal, I was
lucky and saw it at the right angle to call the hold.
Don't fall into a false since of security about the
contrasting tape meaning that the tip is still on the
blade.  :-)

Delphina