ARN - Melee Terms

Charlie Cain larkin at webstar.net
Thu Jan 18 10:03:28 PST 2001

Cynthia Hamilton wrote:

> Hi Larkin,
>
> I think that calling out that you are dead falls into the category of
> Communicating With Your Teammates so they'll know what's going on.  (something
> that we were repeatedly reminded to do at war practice this past weekend)

Hi Simone,

My point was that a corpse cannot speak. A blade through my heart or
through my eyeball kinda precludes my tongue from telling my
companions that I am dead. In real life they would have to find out
about it the hard way.  True, a cut close under the armpit (or groin)
would kill but not disable me from communicating to my teammates. As
would possibly be true for a gutshot.

It's a mute point; however, as Dore has said, in this convention we
are allowed to say "DEAD". We can play with that and still have fun.

Larkin
--

"Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold
is a wise [wo]man's rebuke to a listening ear."
larkin at webstar.net
http:\\web2.airmail.net/larkin