[Ansteorra-rapier] Advisory Roll

IagoAH@aol.com IagoAH at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 14:02:09 PDT 2001

Try to pay attention, I'm bouncing from writer to writer.

Avery wrote:

> > Don't forget, officially, the WS Circle has NOTHING to to
>  > do with the
>  > marshallate anymore.  There are WS in the Marshallate,
>  > but the Circle does
>  > NOT make or enforce the rules.  Look at the Regional
>  > Rapier marshals...I
>  > think only one of the 5 is a WS, the other 4 are cadets.
>  > I am running the
>  > list for Queens, and I am not a WS.

Hawkins responded:

>  Officially it doesn't.  What exactly does that mean, though?
>  Does it mean we are out of line if we discuss marshallate
>  issues in a circle?  : )

My Response:

No, it means we're out of line if we try to decide marshallate policy in the
circle.
Hawkins wrote.

Hawkins wrote:

>  I agree with
>  WR.  The vast majority of the community will probably give
>  the WS their respect, not knowing that person isn't as well
>  respected within the circle as some other candidates have
>  been.  Otherwise up North there would be respect for maybe
>  five out of region WSs... very few people have made the
>  effort to win our communities respect, yet our fighters are
>  generally kind enough to give them the benefit of the doubt
>  until the get to know them.  Ask Iago how he was treated at
>  our Warlord.  I don't think half of our fighters had seen
>  him before (I could be wrong and I also mean no disrespect
>  for Iago)

None taken. However...1) I was treated perfectly fine. 2) There were only two
people that came to the rapier field that day that I didn't remember meeting
before.  One of them, it turned out I had and had just forgotten. I don't get
up to the northern region as much as I used to, but I still make it up there
once or twice a year.

>  > Avery Shaw
>  > Aubrey's
>  > Coastal Regional Rapier Marshal