[Ansteorra-rapier] Too much?

joe rummel jerummel2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 10:56:25 PDT 2001

It also has to be considered that even if all of the
WS in an area are in-favor of a candidate, but no one
ever sees that candidate outside of a small
geographical area, maybe that person is not a good
candidate for a Kingdom level award.  I do believe in
listening to members of a candidate's local area and
giving them credit for having specific knowledge,  I
also believe that to be a good WS the person must
travel throughout the entire kingdom.  After all, we
don't have Central Regional WS's or Southern
Ansteorran WS's.  I guess what I'm saying is that I
believe traveling should be a qualification for a WS.

On the other hand, the WS's need to remember how big
Ansteorra is.  Just because a far south WS doesn't see
a far north candidate very much in his area, that
doesn't mean that person does not travel.  From
Houston to Tulsa it can be a 10 hour drive.  People
can't be expected to do that every weekend.  However,
if you never see a candidate that lives 2 hours away,
that should tell you something.

Benedict Ashton.