[Ansteorra-rapier] Too much?

Tim Kwasny tkwasny at cox-internet.com
Thu Jul 19 21:19:34 PDT 2001

I agree with what you have said Benedict but in practice there seems to be
double standard when it comes to travel.  I constantly hear how the northern
cadets, dons, rapier fighters don't travel, and how if cadet "x" wants to
get known he/she should go events in the deep south.  At the same time I can
count the southern dons, cadets, rapier fighters that travel north of the
Red River with any frequency on one hand.  At every circle I am asked to
vote on southern candidates that I may only see three or four times a year
and never up north.  If all the dons in his area say he is worthy of being a
WS and I don't have any direct knowledge to the contrary I will vote yes,
however the reverse is almost never true.

There is a certain amount of travel that is required of everyone, it just
part of what is expected of a WS. I just wish the playing field could be
leveled a bit.

By the way has anyone looked at the Kingdome calendar lately, it is just
packed with events.  Theresa and I try to make a point of being at all the
Northern Region events, and most of the major kingdom events with rapier
activates.  In the busy times of the year (spring and fall) we will average
3 events a month. At one point this spring we did 8 events in 9 weeks,
starting with Gulf War.  There is just not enough time in the year to try
and get everywhere.  We look for events outside the region that will give us
the most bang for the buck, so to speak.

Don Timothy