ARN - HRH Attendance and Rogues and Rapier

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:40:43 PST 2001

Warmest Greetings does Her Royal Highness send to the Rapier Community of
Ansteorra.

I wanted to begin by saying that I had a wonderful time at Gulf War, and
simple words do not express the pride that I had in our Rapier Community.

I was approached by many of the Queens and Princesses of the Knowne World,
and heard many words of praise for your Chivalry, your Flair, Courtesy and
Grace!  Your prowess is unequalled, and it was a great honor to attend the
tournaments and melees of Gulf War at the side of my Queen.

I send this missive to you this day because duty will call me away from the
Rogues and Rapier event to the Kingdom of Calontir.

I have worried greatly over this as my love for all of you is a very strong
part of my heart, and I wish to be there to stand with my Royal Mother and
again revel in the elegance of the community, but I find myself in this
quandary.

For two years, Duncan and I have often stood as the ambassadors to the
Kingdom of Calontir.

I know that every one of you understands the depth and importance of the
relations between Ansteorra and Calontir.   Even beyond the treaty, the need
for our army to stand with our Brothers and Sisters in Calontir as we
advance into battle, to show them the friendship, hospitality, and respect
that they deserve is even greater than duty. Indeed it is a privilege and
with these coming weeks, that privilege has fallen to me to stand for
Ansteorra and greet the new heirs of Calontir, and renew the treaty and love
between our great Kingdoms.

That same weekend, HRH Duncan goes forth to Atlantia to once again extend
Ansteorra's hands in friendship in the hopes of renewing the ties between
our Kingdoms, and I know that he too regrets the loss of time with the
Rapier Community and it's prowess and beauty.

Know that my love for you all is a real thing.  That my thoughts and heart
will often fly from the Falcon Lands during my journey.  That I will send
with my Ladies to you tokens of my affection to be shared amongst you, and
that I am glad of heart that my mother the Queen will be there to tell me of
the victories and the great deeds of honor that I know will take place in
our fair home Ansteorra.

Most of all, I will miss you.

In joy and service to Ansteorra,

Larissa