[Ansteorra-rapier] Cadet Banners, Princess' Blade

Jocelyn F Hinkle scribe_ari at lycos.com
Tue Jan 22 17:11:07 PST 2002

I can help you on the princesses blade. or part of it.
It was created by Ld Yoshi Hakimura(sp?) he forged the guard and did the initial work on the blade.
The cadets presented it to Octavia at a Steppes warlord. THere were 6 Cadets there to present the blade to her. I'm sure Avery will correct me if I am off.
It has been carried for
Octavia
Kayleigh
Alyson
Serade
Larissa
Britta

The original guard was gold leafed and enameled. After Kayleigh's reign the gold leaf was in sorry shape. I think the term "looked chintzy" was used, and I have to admit this was true. We Love this blade and the bond to our princess that it symbolizes.
 While Alyson was princess I took the blade and stripped the original Enamel and Gold leaf off of the guard and furniture. Took 48 hours, Yoshi was thurough, there were some 5 layers of leafing. I then gold plated the guard and furniture and applied a new coat of enamel. It is now possible to see Yoshi's signiture on the back of the star plate in the guard. This blade is loved by our princesses, and I will never forget the look on Alyson's face when I offered to restore it. I will also never forget that she, just like Octavia, would not let the blade out of her hands for the entire event she received it at.

History lesson over
Ari

---
One should not discuss a dream
In front of a simpleton.
     ~Ekai, called Mu-Mon. From the Gateless Gate~
Scribe_Ari at Lycos.com