[Ansteorra-rapier] Clarification (was: Cadets Corner)

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 11:13:02 PST 2002

At 04:59 PM 1/23/02 -0600, Pubear wrote:

(snip)

>4) On the need for new blood.  I have heard of people interested in rapier
>that said that unless you weren't interested in being a cadet or white
>scarf, nobody would train you.  Has anybody else heard this?

Sorry for responding so late on this, but life's been *BUSY* lately, and
I'm only now getting to play email catch-up. Anyway...

Can you clarify that statement a bit? did you really mean that you'd heard
that unless a fighter *isn't* interested in becoming a Cadet or WS, nobody
would train them?

Or was it a typo and you meant that only those who *were* interested in
being Cadets or WS's would get training?

The first option seems just weird and backwards to me, the second seems
more likely, if rather narrow-minded of any trainers who actually do that.

Me, I'm willing to work with anybody; the problem is that I'm frequently
unable to do so because of other obligations. (For example, at Queen's
yesterday, I was out in the third round, but I spent the rest of the
tournament marshalling, then had half an hour to take down and pack my
pavillion before the White Scarf meeting, then Court, helping to serve the
feast and it was time to close the hall and go home.)

	-Tivar Moondragon
		Ansteorra