[Ansteorra-rapier] Clarification (was: Cadets Corner)

pubear pubear at ev1.net
Sun Jan 27 15:07:53 PST 2002

Reading my statement, I realize that I inadvertently worded in such a way
that it could be read in ways I didn't want.  Bad bard!

It would have been better worded that some people had mentioned, that where
they were, people didn't appear to want to fight them because they weren't
interested in going for a red or white scarf.

This was one person, who still lives in kingdom.   Since we were wondering
why we seem to be down in numbers, I mentioned this,  since if even one
person felt this way, others might that we never hear from.  The unfortunate
thing about this, is that at best this is always a matter of perception.  I
have never seen anybody hesitant to fight me, and I'm pretty new, so it's
obviously not been true for me.

Also, the white scarves can't do it all.  The one thing I've noticed most is
that the dons and Dona's are usually trying to fight everybody as it is.
Everybody should be doing this.  Heck even if you're new, you probably know
more than someone who is trying to figure out which end to stick in the
other person.  If this perception exists at all, it's bad.   The community
must reach out, not just the white scarves.  I may be wrong, but my
perception is that one thing most of the white scarves seem to be good at is
being willing to teach.   But they can't be the only ones willing to impart
knowledge.

If you're an experienced fighter, take time out to fight with someone less
experienced.  Show off your ability to teach.   That new fighter in the
ratty loaner gear might someday be fighting you in the finals of a
tournament.  You never know.  That's the funny thing about things like this.
You just never know...

Bersi
AKA Pubear of bjornsborg