[Ansteorra-rapier] Cloak play question

Jeff Girard donhenri at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 19:52:42 PDT 2007

Even though I have been inactive because of my series of surgeries, I am a cloak fighter and florentine. I have to wait until I'm recovered.

  My opinion of the whole deal is simple. Why throw your only addition weapon?

  Don Henri Molineaux

Kevin Wilson <kevwilson at swbell.net> wrote:
  Dore, please clarify the rule about throwing a cloak at an opponen (and if
this has been changed/clarified in the most recent rule change, ignore
this):

What was stated (I believe as a change in the rules) in the marshal's
meeting at Red Tape was that while a fighter can throw a cloak at an
opponent, the thrown cloak cannot actually hit, strike, or land on the
opponent. But a cloak being wielded in the hand did not have the same
restriction. I'm not sure of the rule applied to this, I just remember you
stating it and clarifying a question on it. But a number of fighters have
asked for clarification. This has caused a large amount of confusion in
various fights, tournaments, and practices.

Thanks.

Corvin
Stargate Rapier Marshal