[Ansteorra-rapier] Opinions on mail gauntlet?

Northern Cadet gassion_de_beaumarchais at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 22:21:21 PDT 2007

Well said Sebastiana.  I'll ad my voice to yours here.  The loss of a
technique should be a last resort and based on safety rather than
uncompromising opinions.  If individuals are not happy with the usage of the
gauntlets then make them optional.  Let the fighters decide if they wish to
face them or not, case by case / bout by bout.  And, in armour as worn
tournaments allow the full protection provided by the gauntlets as is
historically accurate.  Again it's the fighters choice to give that
advantage to their opponents and should be decided before taking the field.

Lord Gassion de Beaumarchais
Cadet to Don James Francis Navarre
Mooneschadowe Insegnante

Control thyself, or be ruled by another...

Of course I will follow whatever rule this kingdom
decides on, but I feel that an unrealistic rule is
exactly that.  I rather not see chainmail banned or
not used in a realistic way, not only since I do have
one, but the more period devices we can use, the more
spice we bring to the art.  Otherwise, we could all
become strip fencers and be burdened with to many
rules that are not of a safety standard.

In Service,

Lord Sebastiana

--- James Crouchet <james at crouchet.com> wrote:

> Given our recent discussions concerning mail
> gauntlets, who would rather
> this item was just removed from our rules?
>
> Christian Doré

________
Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get listings,
and more! http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658