[Ansteorra-textiles] North Textile Meeting

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 9 09:51:43 PST 2003

> Next question: Anyone here planning on coming to wInterKingdom, that would
> like to teach classes? I find myself in serious need of garbmaking type
> classes, and anything else you can come up with!

Amanda, I tried to write to you last week about this and never got a
response.  I still have this pencilled in but need to talk with you about
classes, crashspace, etc.

About the NTM, I got there late but it was pretty interesting.  Gerita can
give you details.  One thing we've talked about is having some all-day
sessions on a weekend, 2-3 times a year, when we can really get into some
other projects that don't lend themselves to two-hour evening classes.  For
example, a Sheep-to-Shawl kind of thing where people can try everything from
spinning to dyeing to weaving to knitting.  Another, that we might do at the
beginning of March (hard to find a weekend that works!), is on Japanese
textile crafts, so that people can work on things for Brad Leah's Festival
of Japan.  That does assume people are not too wrapped up in Gulf Wars prep
to do anything.

We also talked about tossing a cooking component into the all-day sessions,
because we like cooking and we like eating and lunch has to happen
sometime.......

We're going to have simple classes at each monthly session so people can
learn new textile activities.  Some may be of the "load needle and aim"
variety, we're trying to keep everybody involved.  Since "textile" isn't
limited to just fabric and thread, we're hoping to expand all our skills.

                                    ---= Morgan

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them
 than to have them and not to deserve them."
                                          ---= Mark Twain