[Ansteorra-textiles] dye plants

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 17:27:18 PDT 2003

If everything works right...I'm going to try (with the help of Lady Piroska and any others who wish to) to get some lichen dye baths up for our event in February (North Sea Raids)...we have lots of lichen on site that is ecologically collectable...hopefully we will be able to get some barney purple...

What I need is an inexpensive guide lichen identification so I can sort the orchils from the other lichens...

Lorraine

Nancy Wederstrandt <nweders at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
I am interested in anyone's experiences with gathering and dying with Texas
native plants...
Where you picked it, when , how you did it and what color you got from it.
I'm researching the other bits and rather than go through every single
plant and do it myself and willing to get help(grin).

Clare