Bards - Re: Master Robin's Poem

Larry E. Bishop LucaisduBelier at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 19 09:31:43 PST 2000

Greetings from Lucais

Original message:

> Tessa here.  Well met,
> From the border reaches near Meridies, on the Coast, in Bordermarch,
> come Congratulations to Master Lucais, yonder northward!

Thank you.  My temples still ache from grinning.

> There is this poem that His Excellency Don Robin of Gilwell does about
> a wife whose husband goes off to war, there to die; then the need arises
> for her son to go off to war...   I do not recall the name of it and
> have not heard Don Robin do it in 10 years, but I recall it as most
> stirring.  Is Don Robin on the list?  Or, Anyone here know the source?

I am not sure if Master Robin is on this list, but I'll reply.  If I am
correct, the poem you speak of is titled "The Baron".  It is one of Robin's
original works, most masterfully done.  It touches my heart every time I
read or hear it.  I have a paper copy I can share.  I'm sure Master Robin
would not mind.  Respond in private with a mailing address and I'll send a
copy.

Lucais