[Bards] and now for something completely different

Marie Adams marie at adams-manor.org
Mon Feb 16 08:49:12 PST 2004

Hi, I have a very silly Monty Python filk I'd like to share. I hope
you like it (just please don't groan too loud if you don't). I have my
husband to thank/blame/whatever, for giving me the idea, because he
suggested I write an epic Dr-Seuss-style poem of the LOTR trilogy,
which set me off on a train of thought that wound up here. (Epic poem
may or may not be forthcoming.)

The Nazgul Song (to tune of "The Lumberjack Song")

CHORUS:
I'm a Nazgul, and I'm OK!
I hunt the Ring all night and day!

We ride fell beasts, we wear black cloaks,
We serve the One Dark Lord.
We also kill and plunder,
This way we're never bored!

CHORUS

We tore up Bree, that little town,
To find the One True Ring.
That inn, the Prancing Pony,
Will do no more prancing!

CHORUS

We like that creature Gollum;
We're really in his debt.
But we hate Princess Arwen
Because she got us wet!

CHORUS

Don't try to fight me, 'cause no man
Can see my face and live.
(...Unless, of course, you're Eowen, but that's another story.)
Anyway...(repeat chorus)

by Ly Serena Dominicci, February 11, 2004